Have you ever wondered why some entrepreneurs succeed and why some do not?
Have you ever thought of the things that would make one the best entrepreneurs in a chosen field?
For the lucky some, owning a business might run on their veins but for the most who are just common people with a high desire to start a business of your own, then, careful evaluation and extra time on studying the nature and principles of entrepreneurship is a must. However, this doesn’t mean that an individual who wants to become an entrepreneur should have a thorough background on these nature and principles.
Whether you are conscious about it or not, success and failure always depend on the entrepreneur. Do you want to know what those are?
Here are the traits of a successful entrepreneur:
- Whether short-term or long-term, a successful entrepreneur never misses setting his goal.
- This trait can be developed at a very young age. For instance, a child set academic goals for himself or set a specific timeframe to achieve something. Say, for example, the child’s parents cannot afford to buy him a toy he wanted. He will try to get this toy by saving money or making money for himself. When he grows up, he carries this trait in doing business. This same child is more likely to become successful for he knows how to get certain things he wants to.
- But it does not stop there, successful entrepreneur knows how to revise or rewrite his goals whenever he thinks that there is something that needs to be changed.
- An entrepreneur knows how to search for opportunities. It may be an opportunity to earn more or to learn further. He will not settle on the things that exist around him. He knows how to find opportunities that may not be visible for most people.
- Taking advantage of these opportunities
- Once he has found opportunities, he knows how to take advantage of them. But it does not mean that he will become impulsive for he knows how to identify what type of opportunity will give him benefits.
- He will ask himself these questions:
- Will it bring more good than harm?
- Is it worth the time and money?
- Will it be able to help me reach my set goals?
Knows his strengths and weakness:
- Another good trait of a successful entrepreneur is knowing his strengths and weaknesses. This type of trait will enable him to define his limits and knows how to extend his limits. He knows the borderlines but knows how to keep the borderlines expanding. An individual who does not know his strengths and weaknesses is like a person facing a mirror without clearly seeing his face. A successful entrepreneur sees his face clearly in the mirror and recognizes his imperfection. He would then polish his imperfections and convert them to something that would benefit him because a successful entrepreneur does not only know his strengths and weakness, he also recognizes these as parts of his personhood.
Always wants to be the best:
- A successful entrepreneur does not settle for the second-best. He always finds ways how to be the best in his craft. With the help of his recognition of his strengths and weaknesses, he will achieve what others might not achieve. He has a certain attention to detail and quality. He would as much as possible treat all costumers the same.
- Enjoys what he does and knows how to enjoy as well
- A successful entrepreneur loves his work and enjoys what he is doing. He would not be successful if he does not enjoy his business. On the other hand, he does not make his business his life. He knows how to rest once in a while to enjoy life itself.
Knows when to get help:
- A successful entrepreneur recognizes that he could not do some things alone. He knows that he needs a hand in order to get things right. He knows and respects other’s view on matters regarding his business. They do this to minimize the risk of committing mistakes. He knows what are the type of person that is right for the job.
For more information and resources, feel free to contact us directly -> Click Here
Naturally, creating Freedom, Meaning and Wealth.
With Love, Gratitude, and Grace
- Yvonne E. Venter-Louw
- YEVL (Pty) Ltd.: Founding Director & Principal
- Researcher, Advisor, Educator, Coach, Mentor, Keynote Speaker & Host of the Financial Independent Coach show on YouTube
- Personal Thesis: The Psychological impact of past experiences (and the rehabilitation thereof) on daily driven financial decisions.
- Naturally creating and experiencing Freedom, Meaning & Wealth!
Sign-up to our mailing list – Click Here